Protein Banana Pancake Recipe – Light, Fluffy And Nutritious
Pancakes have always been considered the unhealthy breakfast option and for good reason. They are loaded with white flour, butter and syrup. The syrup alone takes up your sugar limit for the day and these extra calories will add up, talk about a lethal level of unwanted fat ! So it is best to stay away from the butter, white flours, syrup, whipped cream, or any pre-made batter when it comes to pancakes because you can make a much more nutritious and calorie friendly option by just swapping out a few ingredients.
I have been a big pancake eater since I was a little kid and I wish my mom could have made a healthier version of them back then because I have come to find out that the healthier version actually tastes better ! For fundamental nutrition tips, please visit my nutrition page at Athletic Fitness.
- 2 bananas
- 1-2 scoops of vanilla whey protein
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- (optional) dark chocolate chips/coco powder/cinnamon
- Whisk the 2 eggs, mash the 2 bananas and then add them to one bowl
- Add the protein powder to the bowl and start mixing.
- Slowly start to add the milk to the bowl until all the ingredients mesh into a batter.
- The amount of batter you have should allow you to either make 2 big pancakes or 4 smaller ones.
- Add coconut oil to the pan and bring it too a medium heat.
- After the pan gets hot add the batter into the pan until its about 3-5 inches in diameter. (optional) Add chocolate chips or cinnamon. Cook for about 1-2 minutes each side or until a golden crisp.
- Repeat step 5 until the batter is gone.
Note: I like to add the chocolate chips to give it some extra sweetness so that I won’t have to use any syrup or honey.
Nutrition Info (Not Including Chocolate Chips)
Protein: 56 grams
Carbohydrates: 46 grams
Fat: 12 grams
It typically takes anywhere between 7-15 minutes to make this delicious recipe. The prep takes the longest and if you know your way around the kitchen you can shave a few minutes off your time.
It is a quick and easy recipe, which is one of the biggest reasons as to why I almost make it every morning. Feel free to share and give this protein banana pancake recipe a try. I promise you will not regret it !
This recipe was written by Tyler Scott and for more nutrition and training advice please visit his website: Athletic Fitness