Oven Baked Chicken Breast – A Healthy Recipe To Make Your Chicken Breast Taste Amazing !
Chicken is one the most universal healthy entrees that people will go too. As you probably already know it is one of the best sources of protein that you can get ! Chicken can get kind of boring after awhile, so I thought I would share a healthy recipe of an oven baked chicken breast. Healthy eating can be delicious !
Oven Baked Chicken Breast Meal
I usually like to meal prep when I cook, but for simplicity purposes I’ll keep it to a single serving size: Click here for meal prepping tips
Let’s get started !
List of Ingredients
- 4 ounce chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt or light sprinkle
- 1/4 teaspoon/light sprinkle of pepper
- minced garlic clove or garlic powder
- light sprinkle of onion powder
- 2 tablespoons of white wine of choice
- (optional) 1/4 teaspoon of red crushed pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- If frozen, defrost the chicken. Poke several holes in the chicken breast on both sides with a fork.
- Drizzle your choice of white wine over the chicken and let it soak into the chicken, the holes that were poked in will allow the wine to absorb into the breast.
- Take each of the ingredients and sprinkle half of the amount onto one side of the breast and the other half on the other side of the breast then rub it into the chicken.
- Brush the olive oil on, then sprinkle any leftover ingredients on top. (Optional: 1/4 teaspoon of red crushed pepper)
- The oven should be preheated by time the prep is done, so add the chicken on to a pan with aluminium foil and place it in the oven.
- After about 10-12 minutes, flip the chicken on to the other side. Then cook for another 10 minutes or so.
- Take the chicken out of the oven. Stick a thermometer into the middle and see if it has reached 165 degrees. Trust me, you do not want food poisoning ! You can also see if it cooked all the way through by making sure there is no pink colour in the middle.
- After making sure the chicken is cooked all the way, wrap it in foil and let it sit for about 5 minutes. This will allow for all the juices to stay within the chicken, so it will remain juicy and tender. Nobody wants to eat dry chicken !
I like to add half a plate of vegetables to all of my meals. My favourite is a cup or two of steamed broccoli ! Also, depending on what I need out of my daily nutritional guideline is how I decide my side dishes. For example, a post workout meal will include a decent amount of carbs; such as sweet potatoes or pasta instead of leafy greens and low calorie vegetables.
Oven Baked Chicken Breast Nutrition Info
Protein: 30 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Fat: 4 grams
If you decide to add half a plate of vegetables the carbs can increase to around 10 grams, but the meal will still contain less than 200 calories.
This recipe was written by Tyler Scott and for more nutrition and training advice please visit his website: Athletic Fitness